Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

A New Beginning

I'm baaaacckkk!! Recently, my family & I have decided I am going to give the whole "stay at home mom" thing a whirl. I'm really excited to start this new chapter of our lives -- a chapter that includes well balanced meals, a clean house & laundry, as well as a lot of quality time with my kiddos doing crafts, going on outings, & making memories. I am also a little nervous -- nervous for the financial challenge, nervous to fail at housekeeping & nervous to take advantage of the time with my kiddos. So, to hold me accountable, I decided to dive back into blogging. (YAY!!) My goal with blogging is to not only make sure I am finishing what I start and making the most of my time, but also to document my doings for in the future. To help organize this new chapter in our lives, I have came up with a timeline on how I {roughly} would like to spend my days here at home. This schedule is suited for during the school year, while my son is in Kindergarten. Come summer (in just a couple months!!) we will need a whole new schedule.

5am-6am: Exercise
6am-8am: Prepare myself & the kiddos for our day
8am-9am: Clean up house & plan day
9am-11am: Productivity Time {deep cleaning, crafting, etc.}
11am-12am: Lunch & Clean Up
12pm - 2pm: Paperwork {phone calls, computer work, bill paying, etc}
2pm-3:00pm: Clean up House & Begin thinking of dinner
3:30-4:30pm: Activity Time with Kiddos
4:30-5:30pm: Dinner & Clean Up
5:30-7:30pm: Family Time {crafts, game nights, movie nights, etc.}
7:30pm : Begin Baths & Bedtime Routines

My ultimate goal is to get all of the housework & household duties done by 3:30pm, when I have to pick my son up from school. I want my evening hours to be spent with my husband and family, making the most of every moment I am given with them. At 3:30pm, my computer will turn off and all burdens will leave my mind. To help with this, I will keep a running list of the things I randomly think of that need done. I will work on this list during my productivity or paperwork time, but not during my time with the kiddos.

So -- wish me luck on this new journey my family & I are about to embark on. With the new schedule, I have a lot of organizing & cleaning projects I am looking forward to doing. Therefore, a lot more blog posts! Tomorrow I will be posting about Spring Cleaning!!






No comments:

Post a Comment