Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers

April wasn't one for the books. Hubby had a crazy work schedule and I felt like I was taking on too many tasks by myself.  I will do a post tomorrow on all the projects that kept me busy in April -- everything from crafts with the kids, DIY things for the house and tons of sewing projects! I also kept busy with a few Parent-Teacher-Organization events, coaching my sons' tee ball team, volunteering at the MS Walk and spending time with my friends and family.


As you know, I always like to start the month off with my "Monthly To Do List." I refer back to this list every. single. day. I always sit down on Sunday nights and make my weekly to do list, taking items off of this monthly list. This gives me the opportunity to choose what I'm in the mood to do that week, but also ensures that everything gets done. Although not everything gets done every month, I do feel like I am a lot more productive with a list and I LOVE the joy of crossing items off.


Here's what I have to look forward to crossing off this month.


  • Set my goals for the month. (Hence the list.)
  • Check monthly tickler folder.
  • Plan May Ways To Play Worksheet.
  • Shopping List:  
    • Mother's Day Gifts
    • Dress for a Wedding
    • Two Birthday Gifts,
    • Teacher Appreciation Week Items
    • Last Day of School Gifts (Teacher & Kids)
    • Sit N Stand Stroller
    • NorthFace Backpack
    • Finalize my IKEA shopping list.
  •  SYC:
    • Award a scholarship
    • Summer Plans
    • Enlist in a co-sponsor
    • Opening Day for Baseball Sign Ups
  • Financial:
    • Pay/Record May Bills
    • Record May Cash Flow (with help of cash envelopes!)
    • Renew Jeep License Plates
    • Look into Purchasing a New Car
    • Save for Chicago
  • Computer:
    • Order/Upload April Pictures
    • Update iPhone
    • Clean Out Email
  • Mother's Day:
  • Mom Squad:
    • May Outing: Craft/Activity & Snacks
    • Print June Ways to Play
    • Post May Ways to Play
    • Post May Events
  • House
    • Outside
      • Garage Light
      • Landscaping Bricks
      • Plant Plants
      • Plant Grass
      • Decorate Doors
    • Garage
      • Finish Walls
      • Organize 
  • Chicago
    • Book Hotel
    • Buy Chicago Go! Card
    • Agenda
    • Pack
  • Tee Ball
    • Opening Day Bags 
    • Coach's Shirts
    • Clipboard for Games 
    • Batting Order Form
    • Game Schedule for Parents
  • Lucy's First Birthday
    • Order Smash Cake for Photo Session
    • Print: food tent cards, napkin rings, water bottle wraps
    • Make Floor Cover
    • Make Centerpieces
    • Make Antennas
    • Favor Bucket & Bubble Favors
    • Voting Board
  • Diaper Party
    • Make Invitations
    • Plan Details
    • Make Shopping/To Do Lists
  • Garage Sale
    • Declutter Downstairs, Attic & Garage
    • Declutter Mom's House
    • Price Items
    • Put on Map, Craigslist & Newspapers
  • To Do
    • To Do Pile (I keep a basket of items that need attention, example: buttons that need fixed)
    • Menu Plan
    • Blog Calender
    • File Bills, Crafts & Magazine Clippings
    • Spend Time at Grandma's
    • Write in Baby Books
    • Date Night with Josh
    • Finish Command Center
    • Finish Family Binder
    • Take Photos of Kids Playing in the Rain
    • Take Rhyse to Six Flags
    • Take Kids to Pottery Hollow
    • Summer Plans
    • Fill Out FASFA
    • Register for Basic Skills Test
    • Finish my MIL's grey pillows
    • Shampoo Carpets
    • Finish Two Scrapbooks for a Cancer Auction
  • Pinterest To Do List
  • Carried Over from April:
    • Finish Baby Books
    • Garage Sale to Do List
    • Finish Bill Binder
    • Lucy's Glider
    • Lucy's Closet Trim (& floor trim in closet)
    • Living room Window Trim
    • Living room Floor Trim
    • Trim in Hall Closet
    • Download Free Fonts
    • Finish Lucy's Pillowcase Dress (make another?)
    • Day You Were Born Capsules
    • Make a Countdown
    • Order Lucy's Birth Picture
    • Finalize School Information
    • Clear Hard Drive
    • Reschedule Bed & Breakfast

Is your month as busy as mine?? I LOVE a busy month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment